Follow the Abyssal Verse!

Monday, November 25, 2013

Welcome Home, Lorne.

The house I might have mentioned in the previous entry? Yeah, try not to kill me. It's more of a-[Oh, that's my friend, telling me to get on with this recording. I might have failed to mention that this is a transcript transferred to a visual aid, as the format of reading is more popular.]

So yeah, I walked into our house. It's a little hard to describe. Okay, I think I got an accurate description... Picture this.

A floor strewn with rocks, pebbles, and food, with ample rat holes. The walls and ceilings are shored up with metal girders, and reinforced with various items such as wooden planks and more steel. Two beds, one on top of the other, crumbled and worn, with various cracks in the wooden frames. Crumpled, musty sheets lay askew on top of the beds, with a rock-hard pillow, a poor excuse for a pillow as-is. Large clusters of mites lay under the bottom 'bed', creating a large patch of red and white.

As I walked further into our 'house', I entered the other room, which was its name. It might have been more aptly named 'The Who-Knows-What-It-Is Room', as it was always littered with debris. Thomas and I sat down among the rubble across each other, and, after a moment's stare, we burst out laughing. I was the first to break, than the both of us were on the ground, giddy with the excitement of the exodus of fear.

When we recovered, we talked about the exploration we were doing. He had found out that there are three passageways that are buried, but might lead to the surface. This was the whole point of the exploration, to get to the surface.

Now as we were talking, a shadow crossed the door frame, a shadow of lengthy proportions. Thomas and I looked, as a tall, pale, and faceless man slowly crossed in front of our door. Never before had I wished so hardly to have a door. Never before had I wished that I could shrink in among the rubble and lay there, until judgement day comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment