Follow the Abyssal Verse!

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Telling Thomas

Three days.

I had escaped, running blindly through the darkened tunnels, obscuring my vision. Those two words were still ringing in my ears when I ran into my friend, Thomas. Literally.

"Oof!" Thomas groaned. I steadied Thomas, and he looked at me, a stern look on his face. Then he smiled.

"Thomas!"

"Lorne!" We embraced, and let go, our hands on each others shoulders. "What happened, Lorne?" He queried, taking in my appearance.

"I ran into the vision."

"Like you just did to me?"

"Sort of. I ran into her, and her three siblings."

"Oh God... At least you didn't meet ol' dark-and-faceless over there." Thomas gestured behind him with his thumb, pointing down a tunnel which split into three parts before fading into darkness.

"'Ol' faceless?' You mean The Svelte?"

"No, I mean your ol' grandma." I sighed, then punched him in the arm. He punched me back.

"What did he say to you?"

"Probably the same to you. He told me I had to kill you in three days."

"Yeah that's what sh- Wait! That's not what she said! She told me to kill her, not you!"

"Ah. Any consequences? Or just a punchline that rang in your ears?"

"The punchline was enough to say 'Do this or you die trying,' no other options."

"You pessimist." Thomas and I walked down the corridor and took a left, heading for home.

No comments:

Post a Comment